Monday 15 August 2011

One of my favourite...no actually it probably was my absolute favourite thing to do was to make mixes for people, hunting through my records finding that right selection of songs, deciding what theme it should have, if any (and the answer is yes even if the other person doesn't know about it) then sitting by the tape machine pause button at hand, then later the computer trying to cram 14 songs (14 songs usually fit the 74 odd minutes of a cd) sometimes DISASTER the computer couldn't quite fit the end of one, or skipped the beginning of another. Obviously with the advancement of the internet both the sharing of pictures of cats and music itself have changed, and yes I have just realised how old this makes me sound, oh I remember when all this was fields ect ect. Still I've enjoyed collecting a host of songs on spotify, listening to last fm radio and now Im really enjoying 8 track.Basically its a site where you create mixes and listen to others, looking for covers for your album, thinking of witty names oh I had forgotten how much I enjoyed that. Anyway love has been on my mind recently so for my fourth mix I collected songs that I find hit the love button (wait does that sound weird?) so I thought I'd share below
(wait does that sound weirder?)




oh and for some reason I've become obsessed with Tusk by Fleetwood Mac, a band I've never really had any interest in their later years, but my parents recently bought the album for an in law for some reason the song Tusk has just sat in my head for almost a week. I'm a sucker for big pounding drum beats and Tusk delivers big time (ha thats my Tim Westwood voice) plus it sounds kind of nothing like their other stuff ((I think! please let me know if I'm wrong (considering its just me that reads this this is a note to myself, also buy more soya milk and))
Anyway looking on youtube (home of sleepy animals and people miming to songs) and it appears to also be a favourite of marching bands. Now being English (yes shocking I know) marching bands just seem kind of cool and different to me, its possibly my time as a Scout marching through town, but synchronized playing of instruments (I was going to write synchronized marching but that makes me sound slightly fascist) and drums/horns just seems win win. I found this video below as an example


See brilliant, plus I only spotted the man dressed as a roman centurion at the very end.



No comments: