Sunday 21 August 2011

Not lots to report this week as being one of the last few of the holiday its rather sped by.
Did see beautiful lies with Audrey Tautao, who it seems whenever you mention her name to people they automatically pull a "ahh shes lovely" face and who also seems to be predominantly remembered for her haircut (well if you judge two seperate people commenting on it as predominantly, well I do so leave it) . Anyway The film is a rather enjoyable french farce which although not exactly side splitting, well the old man in front of us did found it hilarious anyway, is a rather nice little film. Will say that thank goodness Audrey Tautao does inspire the "ahhh" face as her character is.......well frankly kind of horrible. I was struggling to see what anyone would see in her but I was rather happy when things seemed to work out for the best in the end (wait does that count as a spoiler? No? good in that case I was not expecting the aliens to appear at the end.)

Also today had a door step visit from a pair promoting Christianity, who seemed rather confused when I politely said I was an atheist but when asked why just said that I just was. Should I have said I felt it in my soul? Or that Jebus made me that way? Anyway they were rather polite and after asking if I knew anyone on the street who might need helpfrom the lord (does he do plumbing as our sink has been making funny noises) shock hands and shared names...Now T.O.H is suggesting that possibly they now know my name and my address I can expect more visits attempting to persuade me to change my mind about the whole lack of god thing, as the same thing has happened with the Jehovah witness who visits every Sunday to see if I've changed my mind so far I have managed to avoid her and am hoping that T.O.H might be able to say "please go away" (or words that that effect) for me....still waiting.

No comments: