Saturday 25 June 2011

Hello there, Monday to Wednesday was a three day residential school trip which as you would expect was rather....tiring and have returned home to find I have developed the sickness bug thats been going around (a rather bad habit at school is that as soon as anyones sick you can guarantee that sooner or later you will get it too) so have now also been off for two days feeling sickly ewwwww
anyway Glastonbury is currently on this weekend to which my brother has headed off so theres a certain amount of Mills envy (despite the rain) and right now Im looking out for him as Morrisey sings/makes witty comments I gave him my inflatable pilllow to take away and a list of things to bring and now rather glad I recommended wellies and bin liners. Although a question about glastonbury exactly who brings those massive flags you see waving around? and more importantly whats the point?
On a sadder note just seen that Peter Falk has passed away, I think I've mentioned my love of columbo before and my weekends (and other days of the week) are made so much better if I manage to catch a repeat of an episode, the deceptively smart sleuth battling wits with murders (and if I remember right a kidnapper or two) has shaped crime television since it first aired (see modern programs like The Mentalist which featured a direct lift from Prescription murder the other week) which comes down a lot to Peter Falks amazing performance, thats not mentioning The Princess Bride or Murder by death in which he stared (I love his very confused Humphry Bogart/classic private eye role)

No comments: