Monday 30 May 2011

As its half term, its also bank holiday which means another full week off, which on one hand is yay and another what the hell am I actually going to do with myself? plus T.O. H is away for 11 whole days away in Spain (where apparenly the rain falls mainly on the plane)
Anyway heading home tonight I was stopped in the street by a random man, who asked me to lend him my phone so that he could ring his girlfriend and ask if he could come around, at this point I should say that A) apparnetly he had no credit and B) I had 3 pints. Anyway I did agree, but only if he first gave me his phone and his keys. He made his phone call (and no his girlfriend didnt want him to come around) and we actually ended up wandering up the road together. Now thinking about back I partially feel bad that I didnt trust the man to make a call without doing a runner and yet think I wouldnt have done anything different, I dont particually hold with it being a sign of the times as any history program shows people have been robbing/conning/stabbing with sharpy things other people since time, or Peter Akyroyd, began. What I do find interesting is the personal aspect of it what would I have done 2 years back?, 5 years back of ten would I have lent him my phone and not even considered him doing a runner? or would I have ignored him completly, walked past and not say a word. As I said to him at the time and still believe now you have to have trust in people, trust that might be broken, but trust all the same.

No comments: